Hey everyone,

I've been itching to make my own custom lightsaber as a DIY project for a while now and the Black Friday sale is a good opportunity to go for it.

To make sure I have enough space for everything I want, I'm going to build the chassis first and then order the hilt components. Since this is my first build, I've got a few questions and I'd appreciate a second (and third and fourth...) opinion on the part list to make sure I didn't forget anything and I've got a couple of questions I couldn't find straight answers for on the forum.

Part list:

- 1x Pre-Soldered NeoPixel PCB connector and 11 pin set (or I may solder it myself - haven't decided yet)
- 1x 16mm Anti Vandal Momentary Blue Cog Switch (Auxiliary switch)
- 1x 16mm Anti Vandal Momentary Blue Dot/Ring Switch (Activation switch)
- 1x 16mm Anti Vandal Latching Green Ring Switch (Purely cosmetic - I want a green LED that I can turn on and off and this seems like the best option)
- 1x Canadian Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery
- 1x Crystal Focus Sound Module X
- 1x Switchcraft 2.1mm Power Jack
- 1x 4W 28mm WOWSpeaker

- 3x 20mA DynaOhm™ Variable Resistor (for the switch LEDs)

- 1x MHSv1 speaker mount Style 4 - For 28mm Speakers
- 1x Chassis Disc style 2 with holes
- 1x Acrylic Chassis Disc for CF and 18500/18650 pack - S20
- 1x Acrylic Chassis Disc for Recharge Port - S8
- 2x Stainless 4-40 all thread
- 2x Stainless Steel 4-40 Hex nut

- 6 feet of red 26 AWG wire
- 6 feet of black 26 AWG wire
- 2 feet of 3/32" heat shrink tubing
- 30 Dean micro connectors? I'd rather have too many than not enough.

Ideally, I'd like to use micro connectors for all the wires so I can easily replace anything that breaks. If there isn't any space, I'll figure something out when I assemble the hilt.

One question I haven't been able to find an answer for is the battery. The 18650 looks like the best battery and the 3.7V looks like the most common one used, but is there a reason why I would want to use the 7.4V?