Thread: Blaster Core + CFX?

Default Blaster Core + CFX?

Is it possible to set up a blaster core so that a trigger pull also triggers an aux press on the CFX remotely?

The dream is to have my blaster trigger the blocks on my saber. Is that a thing?

Can someone point me in the right direction for info on any builds like this?

Thank you!

Fredrik has an IR sensor working in the Proffie OS that can sense an IR beam from a blaster, and trigger a clash.

I'm not sure if CFX can add capabilities like that by the end user, but its probably something you can ask Erv to support, and if there is enough demand for it, he can implement it I'm sure.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by LyleStyle View Post
    Is it possible to set up a blaster core so that a trigger pull also triggers an aux press on the CFX remotely?

The dream is to have my blaster trigger the blocks on my saber. Is that a thing?

Can someone point me in the right direction for info on any builds like this?

Thank you!
    You should sign up on FX-Sabers and make this recommendation there.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

If you search for "433Mhz RF Module Receiver and Transmitter Learning" you will find some simple RF chips that will work without needing any logic. You would wire these as switches or parallel to your switches.

If you want something more integrated, the receiver will generally need some kind of logic to process a signal. IR will require some sort of view of a flashed signal, it doesn't necessarily need to be line of sight, but reliability will be an issue especially in large spaces. You could use a similar RF chip setup but with the receiver passing the signal to your saber board. In either case the receiver will have to process the inputs, and there would need to be a way to either register the codes or make a learning mode.

If you think about it, it may look better for the blaster block effect in the saber to trigger the blaster. It would be very hard to time your blocking motion to when the person with the blaster pulls the trigger, but the person with the blaster can just point the blaster it will blast in time with the blaster effect. This could also work nicely in that the person with the blaster can fire missed shots without triggering the saber.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    If you search for "433Mhz RF Module Receiver and Transmitter Learning" you will find some simple RF chips that will work without needing any logic. You would wire these as switches or parallel to your switches.

If you want something more integrated, the receiver will generally need some kind of logic to process a signal. IR will require some sort of view of a flashed signal, it doesn't necessarily need to be line of sight, but reliability will be an issue especially in large spaces. You could use a similar RF chip setup but with the receiver passing the signal to your saber board. In either case the receiver will have to process the inputs, and there would need to be a way to either register the codes or make a learning mode.

If you think about it, it may look better for the blaster block effect in the saber to trigger the blaster. It would be very hard to time your blocking motion to when the person with the blaster pulls the trigger, but the person with the blaster can just point the blaster it will blast in time with the blaster effect. This could also work nicely in that the person with the blaster can fire missed shots without triggering the saber.
    I did register with fx-sabers and Erv said it should be "no problem" which I think means it's possible without any more work on his side.

The 433mhz etc option is the answer to my first essential question. Thank you so much!

If the receiver is passing the data to the board I suppose the new GPIO pins that are an expansion of Erv's tangible font selection is where to begin? I need to RTFM as soon as I wrap up these new canon novels (pretty good!).

Excellent point about the relationship btw the blaster and the saber, too! The goal was to let my wife have control of the effect from her blaster. Getting her cosplay to integrate with my way of the hikarigatana is the final personal goal.

I have the 433mhz chips, I just haven't had time to mock it up since I'm in the process of moving.

I'll probably make a mock up and tutorial in a couple weeks, as soon as I"m moved and the new digs are setup.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    I have the 433mhz chips, I just haven't had time to mock it up since I'm in the process of moving.

I'll probably make a mock up and tutorial in a couple weeks, as soon as I"m moved and the new digs are setup.
    Good luck with the move and I'll look forward to your tutorial.

Thanks again!