Thread: Neopixel Crystal Chamber

Default Neopixel Crystal Chamber

Hi!
    I'm working on a neopixel saber with the PRIZM 5.5 Board.
    This saber will have a crystal chamber with a crystal LED, but I'm not sure if this LED should be a single Neopixel LED wired in series or a Common Anod/Cathod RGB 5mm LED wired as showed in the manual (see below).
    For room purposes I would prefer the Neopixel LED...
    Some screen form the PRIZM manual
    Neopixel.jpg
    RGB.JPG
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

Blog Entries

Accent Pixel should do the trick. I personally would wire it parallel to the blade. It's the diagram that appears above the one you posted here.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Ok,
    thank you!
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

Quote Originally Posted by Picky View Post
    Hi!
    I'm working on a neopixel saber with the PRIZM 5.5 Board.
    This saber will have a crystal chamber with a crystal LED, but I'm not sure if this LED should be a single Neopixel LED wired in series or a Common Anod/Cathod RGB 5mm LED wired as showed in the manual (see below).
    For room purposes I would prefer the Neopixel LED...
    Some screen form the PRIZM manual
    Neopixel.jpg
    RGB.JPG
    The problem with using a 5mm Neopixel Straw Hat LED, is that the color order is different than your blade. Most strips are in color order GRB. Most of the straw hat 5mm neopixels are RGB. So, you'll have messed up colors in your chamber, unless you can run the straw hat LED on its own channel for data, which I don't think is possible on Prism.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."