Thread: White Blade w/ Blue FOC

Default White Blade w/ Blue FOC

Hey Everybody,

I'm looking to do a white blade with blue FOC on a saber I'm building. I'm using one of the MHSv2 Nano Biscotte V4 Assemblies set up for 3rd channel wired to a custom WWB tricree module 1st LED White, 2nd LED White, 3rd LED Blue. The problem is can't get the blue LED to light up during FOC. This is a brand new NB v4 assembly and a brand new LED module. I started with the default setting in the config file and got no blue LED on clash so, I tried adjusting drive, fdrive and focmix parameters to no avail so I went back and set all the settings back to the default with the exception of the flks and flkd parameters and still no blue LED on FOC. Also checked all the wiring connections and everything looks good. Any ideas? Thanks for any help

Current Settings in the Config File

//Nano Biscotte 4.0
    drive=1023,0,0
    fdrive=1023,1023,0
    focmix=001
    resume=0
    shmrd=210
    shmrp=6
    shmrr=13
    shmr%=0,50
    focd=200
    focp=10
    focr=10
    foc%=0,80
    qon=0
    qoff=0
    flks=10
    flkd=35
    pulsed=0
    pulsel=0
    lsfadeon=0
    lsfadeoff=0
    lightstick=0
    omnisabers=0

It looks to me like you are driving full,off,off and full,full,off

At the moment yes... this is after setting the parameters back to default. I should have recorded all of the changes I tried to get it working but, alas I didn't. The most recent parameters I tried were:
    drive=900,900,0
    fdrive=300,300,900
    focmix=111

This didn't work either, blue dice will not light or flash.
    Last edited by Reian; 10-03-2019 at 09:38 AM.

BTW jbkuma, really like your Pathfinder build.

Quote Originally Posted by Reian View Post
    BTW jbkuma, really like your Pathfinder build.
    Thanks! It's been disassembled for months, pending a refit. I just haven't gotten around to making the new electronics for it!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

There is a chance the 3rd channel was not setup correctly.. send us a picture of the board.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hey Strydur,

Thank you for your reply, I'm on vacation right now and I'll post a photo when I return home.

Have a great one!

Hey guys,

Just returned from my vaca and wanted to post a shot of the e MHSv2 Nano Biscotte V4 Assembly and WWB tricree module I'm having issues with getting the FOC to work. Please ignore the ghetto hot glue job on the chassis and pads, the chassis was really loose in this hilt at the top of the board and this was an easy fix, building up layers of glue to make a tighter fit. Looks crappy but it doesn't knock around anymore inside the hilt anymore and besides, this is a hilt I use for dueling so I'm not concerned about looks, more about solid connections and not shorting out the pads against the hilt.

As you can see the wiring s fairly straightforward and the wiring coming out of the Tri-Cree is Black (Neg) and White (Pos) for the main blade color (two white dice) and Black (Neg) and Blue (Pos) for the Blue FOC dice. These wires are then soldered to corresponding Red and Black wires on the JST connector.

IMG_3506.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

The thing I noticed that I overlooked before when I was checking the connections is the polarity on this JST looks wrong. The JST from the MHSv2 Assembly looks like the wires should be switched. Am I correct?
    I thought the Red wire coming from the board should be positive and the Green should be negative. If so, then Red wire from the board should be going into the #2 slot on the JST and not into the #1 slot as it is in this photo.

IMG_3501.jpg

Hopefully it's just a simple switching of the wires that will correct the issue.
    Last edited by Reian; 10-17-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The red, green, and blue wires coming from the header are all negatives.. channels 1,2 and 3. The white is the positive for all channels.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    The red, green, and blue wires coming from the header are all negatives.. channels 1,2 and 3. The white is the positive for all channels.
    Ah okay... so then Blue (Channel 1), Green (Channel 2), Red (Channel 3 FOC) all negative and White positive. Lol!

That was way too obvious...

Sucks being dyslexic.
    Last edited by Reian; 10-17-2019 at 12:23 PM.