Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My Roman Prop - SCW - Nano Biscotte NB v4 - NeoPixel Build

PS, you could always use a cut off piece of neopixel strip to drive your chamber, and just wire it parallel to your blade. That works too. Its cheaper and less complicated than what you have.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

I've just pinched this image to show how it should be setup, so I guess I don't need the Dyna-Ohm, but 33R instead, that seems a little low.

I will do the Maths though, which I'll probably give it a go later today, if not, on the weekend.

OK, but Dmitry needs to tell you if the WS2811 RGB LED DRiver has onboard current regulators for the RGB LED. If it does, you don't need resistors on the LED. If it doesn't, then you need resistors on each cathode leg as I said.

Awesome, thank you again. I'll ask him, although I've looked online at a lot of the string-lights people have made with the same setup and the LED is wired so close to the board, i don't think they could include a resistor.

I'll update here once I know more.

So, I didn't notice them initially, and my magnifying glass isn't strong enough to read what value they have, but there are two resistors soldered to the mini RGB driver board. There is a chip on them too, I should have taken a photo of them to post. Maybe I'll do that another time.

One question that I have ignored, but should maybe address is, do I need a Power Xtender in this circuit?

I'm in the middle of putting my blade together, and I realised I'm missing a major part of my diagram, the PEX

So, this should now be complete, although, the amount of wires is starting to get confusing. Does it matter if I splice wires, or is it better to run a separate wire each time, i.e. from the Switch to the PEX, can I splice the wire to the PEX from the switch - negative wire or is it better to run a wire straight from the switch?

I'm hugely worried that I'm going to blow all the electronics that I've got, but here goes nothing!

Well I'm not going to be progressing any further for the moment. Just tried to snip the wires on my Neo-strips and the pre-soldered wires pulled straight off. tried to resolder (I'm still learning) and the data pad on one of the strips is now screwed. It got covered in a small film of melted plastic, and now the pad is all but inaccessible. Guess I'll have to buy some more strips. Plus, the sticky on one of the strips isn't great and the two strips keep unsticking in parts (Yes I removed one of the sticky strips as per Rob's tutorial)

I knew it wouldn't be plain-sailing as this is my first journey. Ah well, back to order some more strips.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukesie View Post
    Well I'm not going to be progressing any further for the moment. Just tried to snip the wires on my Neo-strips and the pre-soldered wires pulled straight off. tried to resolder (I'm still learning) and the data pad on one of the strips is now screwed. It got covered in a small film of melted plastic, and now the pad is all but inaccessible. Guess I'll have to buy some more strips. Plus, the sticky on one of the strips isn't great and the two strips keep unsticking in parts (Yes I removed one of the sticky strips as per Rob's tutorial)

I knew it wouldn't be plain-sailing as this is my first journey. Ah well, back to order some more strips.
    Just cut off the one pixel that is hosed, and use the pads on the next pixel. DOn't throw away strips because of one bad pixel!

Tom

I was considering that, and then trimming down the tube etc. but the pads between each LED look tiny. So, I was reluctant about that course of action, however, I was going to keep the strips and tried to do something with them. I guess it won't hurt if I at least try what you suggest, it's all practice after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukesie View Post
    I was considering that, and then trimming down the tube etc. but the pads between each LED look tiny. So, I was reluctant about that course of action, however, I was going to keep the strips and tried to do something with them. I guess it won't hurt if I at least try what you suggest, it's all practice after all.
    I cut/repair strips all the time. The pads are indeed small on some of the strips, but with a bit of practice, sure beats buying new strips.