Thread: Why do holes on all MHS discs not line up with the 3 holes on a graflex blade holder?

Default Why do holes on all MHS discs not line up with the 3 holes on a graflex blade holder?

So the graflex shop blade holder uses 3 holes. These 3 holes are further apart than the MHS discs, not to mention many of the MHS discs only have 2 holes. Why deviate from the 3 hole design? Why have different disc sizes and hole sizes to complicate things when everything can be based on the appropriate sized chassis to use in a graflex, instead of some smaller design to be used in some hilt with a smaller ID?

Blog Entries

MHS discs have 2 holes because thats what works with MHS parts and MHS parts are not the same dimensions as a Graflex. So there is really nothing there making things complicated.

Have you, by chance, looked at the Graflex section of the store, the one where there are discs made for a Graflex? Now, I've never used them and I have never used the TGS holder so I can not confirm that they will work with that piece, but they are designed to work with the TCSS Graflex holder.

If all else fails, the shop offers custom laser cutting service. You could specify what you need and see if they are able accommodate.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Yes, I purchased the graflex sized discs a few days ago and should have them soon. I just think it would be less production costs and inventory if the MHS parts were designed the same as the graflex parts, no?

Quote Originally Posted by wargod View Post
    Yes, I purchased the graflex sized discs a few days ago and should have them soon. I just think it would be less production costs and inventory if the MHS parts were designed the same as the graflex parts, no?
    But they aren’t, so the answer is no.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Does anyone know if the 3 holes in the “graflex” chassis discs from TCSS line up with the 3 holes in the TGS deluxe 1” blade holder, or do they only work with the TCSS graflex blade holder? I just want my 4-40 threaded rods to line up straight within the chassis as they go through the holes in the TCSS discs.