Thread: Best cool white (for silver) and warm white (for gold) LEDs for non-canon colors

Default Best cool white (for silver) and warm white (for gold) LEDs for non-canon colors

What warm white and cool white LEDs are the best for non-canon colors like silver and gold?

White isn’t used for gold, and cool white would probably be best to mix for Silver.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Cool white and warm white aren't pure white. Cool white is a silver color. Warm white is really a gold color.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJarJar13 View Post
    Cool white and warm white aren't pure white. Cool white is a silver color. Warm white is really a gold color.
    I’m well aware of what Cool white and Warm white are and how they operate.

You asked about non-canon colors like Silver and Gold (I assumed you were talking about blade colors). Silver is made by mixing White and Blue (the White you use will determine how you mix it with Blue - see GCS’s Corran Horn as a prime example) and as I previously said, “Gold” does not require White at all. My saber K3GR2 Warspite would be an example of a Gold Blade, which is Red and Green mixed together.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 08-14-2023 at 05:55 AM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I’m well aware of what Cool white and Warm white are and how they operate.

You asked about non-canon colors like Silver and Gold (I assumed you were talking about blade colors). Silver is made by mixing White and Blue (the White you use will determine how you mix it with Blue - see GCS’s Corran Horn as a prime example) and as I previously said, “Gold” does not require White at all. My saber K3GR2 Warspite would be an example of a Gold Blade, which is Red and Green mixed together.
    Red and green mixed together is more of a "yellow" color like Rey's lightsaber. There's a "cold white" neopixel strip that produces a silver color.
    Last edited by MasterJarJar13; 08-14-2023 at 11:50 AM.