Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blade Holder Problem

Default Blade Holder Problem

Hello There,

this is my first Thread in this Forum, so if I'm doing anything wrong, just let me know

Anyways, regarding my problem. I've recently build my first Lightsaber (Obi Wans RotS Saber) and I'm nearly finished. Everything works fine. The only Problem is that the blade falls out of the Blade Holder very easily. I used two Retention Screw to hold it (you can see that on the pictures) but even when they are really tight the Blade will slip out of the holder. My guess is, that because of the LED the Blade isn't far enough inside the Blade Holder and therefore the Retention Screws doesn't work as good as they should... but I don't really get why. I bought the Blade Holder at the Custom Saber Shop. Aren't these Holders build for carrying a Led with Heatsink etc. as well as a Blade?

If anyone has an idea if that might actually be the problem or even has a solution for it, I'd be very thankful

20190827_140918.jpg20190827_140930.jpg20190827_140941.jpg

Well, you do have to tighten both screws while the blade is in. With that said, that is way too shallow for a proper blade depth. Also, a picture of the entire saber would be a bit helpful.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Is that a K4 or something? The MHS BH's have 2" of blade socket.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

yeah i know. the pictures where just so you get an idea of my blade here are pictures of the entire hilt. do you also want one with the blade included?

20190828_153618.jpg20190828_153645.jpg

Blog Entries

is that a K4 hilt or is it 3d printed?
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Out of money reasons, the entire hilt is 3d printed all except the blade holder. the blade holder is from the K4 Set, but its good connected with the actual hilt.

You don’t have nearly enough depth in that blade holder.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

If there is any excess material on the heatsink trim it down. You can try drilling through the blade holder and into the blade. Since you don't have a lot of room, I'd use small screws as you can. This won't be battle ready and even swinging it around is probably I'll advised

You can also try not using the outside of the heatsink, glue the lens down, and the blade will slip over it.

Ok thanks for the advice guys. I'll try some of those things.
    Just out of curiosity: is the K4 not made for holding an LED? Or how is it supposed to work with this Blade Holder.