Thread: HELP! Darth Vader Hasbro Black Series Thumbscrew Crisis

Unhappy HELP! Darth Vader Hasbro Black Series Thumbscrew Crisis

Hey all,

So this is my first time posting on the forums. I've been reading up on the conversion process of my Black Series Vader Hasbro saber, and decided to jump into the first few steps tonight. However, crisis struck early. One of the slightly later steps is to unscrew the "thumbscrews". However, mine wouldn't budge when I used my thumb. Therefore, I resorted to using some pliers to twist them. Big mistake on my part. The first one I used them on snapped off, leaving a good portion of the thumbscrew still inside the saber. The removal of the other thumbscrew went much better, with me being able to remove the screw in its entirety.

So this is where I need some help. Does anyone know how I would be able to proceed with removing the black shroud from the saber? I initially tried using a nailset to just flatten the rest of the screw down so I could slide the shroud over it, but I didn't want to wake anyone in my house with the loud banging. I'll most likely resort to that resolution again, but I wanted to check to see if anyone had a brighter idea.

Thanks,
    Jack

can you drill out the broken screw?
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.