Thread: Second saber parts list

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Board Lurker

Wink Second saber parts list

As the title says this is for my second saber and a little more in depth than my previous install main concerns are 1) will the dynaohms work on negative leads 2) will i need to manually edit the config and override files or will the R.i.c.e do that for me 3)i understand the green cree is already close to 3.7v but not 100% sure i know how to turn the drive down on it alone, i believe i have to go into the override files .This is going in a 7 chambers starkiller, with all parts coming from TCSS. i already have wires, shrink, thermal paste, with goth chassis, 1.3mm recharge port, and killswitch on the way.

-2x domed momentary tactiles
    -2w 28mm bass speaker
    -Pan 18650 w/protected
    -heatsink module
    -18 degree lens
    -Tri-cree xp-e2 r/g/rb
    -rgb common anode crystal accent
    -5mm rgb accent common cathode
    -PRIZM v5.5
    -6x dynaohm
    -1.2o 3w r
    -.3o 1w B
    -.1o 1w G
    -usb to 3.5 cable
    -style 2 r.i.c.e port

1. Dynaohms aren’t meant for main LEDs, just accent LEDs.

2. Don’t adjust the drive settings, just use regular resistors on your main LEDs (math involved).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

R.I.C.E. let's you connect your saber directly into your PC as opposed to removing the sd card. A quicker, more convenient way to manually adjust settings.

Board Lurker

I know this forgetful- i have the resistors for the mains on the list. My concern was that the description for the dyna say to place in line with the positive leads. However an older thread showed a wiring diagram with the crystal accent wired with the main led and dyna’s on the negative leads for the accent- a reply from erv on that thread reads “looks good to me”. So i was double checking before I potentially mess the rgb accent up.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I know this forgetful- i have the resistors for the mains on the list. My concern was that the description for the dyna say to place in line with the positive leads. However an older thread showed a wiring diagram with the crystal accent wired with the main led and dyna’s on the negative leads for the accent- a reply from erv on that thread reads “looks good to me”. So i was double checking before I potentially mess the rgb accent up.
    You should be able to use them on the (-) side, BUT the polarity of the dynaohm resistor does matter.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks for sharing