Thread: Second saber color change setup

Board Lurker

Default Second saber color change setup

Forewarning, this is my first post on this forum so if this is the wrong thread I apologize . I just got done building my first saber which is a 7c ‘The Cade’ with a Nbv4 tri-cree. I have a starkiller saber im going to do next but would like color change and of course an accent led for the chamber. Im needing feedback on which board to go with- im thinking either a PRIZM, Nbv4 with PEX, or waiting on KR sabers to finish the VERSO. Most likely going to use a rgb tri cree and rgb accent with this. Thanks for any feedback!

Hey Galen, welcome to the forums.
    The NB only has three banks and can only support three colour option at one time. It also does not have R.I.C.E. so changing settings and config files requires sd card removal which you have to take into account when designing/building the chassis and hilt. The Prizm has more banks, R.I.C.E. accent sequencing and much more. Personally, I love a Nano, it small, inexpensive and suits my needs but it probably time I moved on to the higher end boards. Both the Nano and Prizm will give you the function you listed in your post but these days, there are many boards available, thanks to the incredible work of Erv(plecter), Naigon(NEC), Proffezzorn(proffieboards) as well as other open source projects. It maybe worth a bit of research to find a board the best suits your needs.
    Good luck with your build and MTFBWY.

Greenie

Board Lurker

Thanks for the reply! Ive just about finished reading the manual for the PRIZM 5.5- and its seems pretty straight forward although id have to play around with the banks and drives for the dyes. Im thinking thats the route i will go this time around.

Blog Entries

The new Crystal Focus X coming out very soon is only $5 more than a Prizm.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Board Lurker

Ill check it out on tcss- i saw it labeled pre-order. I know the prizm is on sale if i recall correctly

Blog Entries

I think it's due to come out this month. It'll be worth the small wait.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––