Thread: Blade in a Blade? Bladeception!

Default Blade in a Blade? Bladeception!

This is probably extremely silly but I still thought of it and wondered what would happen. Has anyone tried doing a 1" thin walled blade with a 7/8" Blade inside of it. The shop is currently out of 1" Thick walled blades and I wanted to do a dueling build and was curious what this would do as far as lighting.
    I would most likely use a clear 7/8" with a TransWhite 1".
    I'm thinking it would just be pretty durable and would have a really strong "Core" effect.
    Thoughts?

7/8" won't fit.

I have done this with a 3/4" pixel blade that I call "pixel core." I've been working on the best way to diffuse things properly.

The inner diameter of the 1" Thin walled is 7/8". That's why I thought it would work. If I were doing the Thick walled I'd use the 3/4" for sure.
    Even though the numbers work, does a 7/8" just not fit in the 7/8" hole of the 1" Thin walled?

The 7/8" tube does not fit inside the 1" tube, and the 3/4" tube doesn't fit inside the 7/8" tube. Even if it almost fit, any bend or dent would cause it to get stuck even if you couldn't quite see it yourself.

I've found that 3/4" fits in thick walled 1" though.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    7/8" won't fit.

I have done this with a 3/4" pixel blade that I call "pixel core." I've been working on the best way to diffuse things properly.
    How did that look? I think we're all still searching for the better mousetrap. I like my blades, but I still find things about them I don't like. Might be I stare at them too long, and over-analyze them.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    How did that look? I think we're all still searching for the better mousetrap. I like my blades, but I still find things about them I don't like. Might be I stare at them too long, and over-analyze them.
    Probably too long and too close! I haven't had much time to work on the concept much, it works well, but there are things I would like to do better, and make things even more versatile.

Here's my original demo video:

Quote Originally Posted by starlighter1212 View Post
    The inner diameter of the 1" Thin walled is 7/8". That's why I thought it would work. If I were doing the Thick walled I'd use the 3/4" for sure.
    Even though the numbers work, does a 7/8" just not fit in the 7/8" hole of the 1" Thin walled?

Don't hold me responsible if this doesn't work/gets stuck/breaks, but you could sand it down a little.

That blade is dope.