Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Switch Location

What Tim sells makes for perfectly functional sabers. I was reffering to the rest of the hilt. A sink tube or a combination of sink tubes of different diameters, or combinations of different kinds of pipes, with all kind of hardware parts attached make for better hilts, in my opinion, than hilts that are machined from one solid piece. And those fond of these wholly machined pieces frown upon and usually show contempt for hardware hilts. Without Tim's machined parts it would be nearly impossible to make the sabers functional. I simply ask we do not disqualify the sink tube itself.

On a different note, does anyone else have an issue with Mace's hilt? It makes me think Sith, not Jedi. There is too much vanity in that hilt. Has anyone alse noticed how similar the Mace and the Sidious hilts are?

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

it goes with mases fighting style Saber form Vaapad. it harnesses the darkside to help him and yes he is the only true master of this form

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Thanks, Myx, I didn't know that.

just shows that even the jedi had some true playas big pimp'n, if you look close to the transport he got on with the rest of his crew when they were going to put the hurt'n on palpy you can see gold pin stripes. check it out next time[]

I don't see how Mace and Sidious's sabers are at all similar

Call me crazy but I think the Sidious's saber looks like it is very old. On the other hand Maces looks like it just rolled of the assembly line. Oh and sticking to the topic, there is nothing wrong with sink tube sabers at all. It just depends on how fancy you want to get. And as it was pointed out in the books they are made out of all kinds of things. I'm sure not all these things were perfect tube shapes and that is where the machined hilts come into play.

think he was talking about the gold. and that makes others take notice to what he has. kinda like he is being an atention whore in his own way with out saying but by doing. sink tube sabers can look realy good if you take the time with them. others can look like crap

thanks strydur let us know when you can do that i am saving up for a new saber and i want a 1.25"(i got small hands)sized saber

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

StrangeWings, since a hilt is built by each jedi/sith, the way it looks kinda gives you a tiny window into the owner's personality.
    The reason I said these hilts look similar is because, to me, they both reek of vanity. And vanity is a path to the dark side. But Mix helped me understand - mace is tainted by the dark, but still strong enough to not cross the line. Most other jedi sabers, at least the ones from the movies, are much more plain and simple. More humble, if you will.

if you guys want a interesting look into SW you take a looking the RPG books i got most of them and they are great also if you wish to learn more about the force and the jedi code read the books anything before episode 3 sequalDark Lord; The Rise of Darth Vader and anything after the X-wing series and i encourge you to go find the books most book stores sells them in scifi area and other book stores such as used books might have a large selection of the old ones . i wish ppl would read more i told a freind that i read about 650 pages a night a work and he said he hadnt read a book that big ever in his life.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...149606-3797539 is where you can find alot of the books

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/lis...Fencoding=UTF8
    is where you can find the updated version of the rpg books it is fun having some of my friends go to one of ours house rpg old pen and paper style (sorry kids who are used to the term RPG means FF7[])and going at it for 8 hours with a 30 minute break every 2 hours so ppl can stetch i have one of my favorite characters around still a Force adept Miraluka Male Named Myx he was a bad ass

<center>

Myx, I am relatively new to the US, and where I come from, we didn't have the books. I have just recently started with the books. First was the Complete visual dictionary, now I am going through the cronology so I have a refference when I dive into the novels. Besides, as tempting as SW books were, they couldn't beat the draw to Eco, Camus, Lem and Hugo.
    RPG? I am not sure I know either meaning.