Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Switch Location

I used Tim's blade kit to modify a Graflex flash handle. I was able to install the switch toward the bottom. The battery was not an issue, due to the fact that the Graflex hilt essentially splits apart in the center at a clamp, providing battery access.

Hi everyone, Just a sugestion on how to mount a switch so its out of the way. Check out the pick on the bottom of the gallery page. www.jedisabersmith.com. Definatly not going to turn it off on accient.

JediSaberSmith
    An Elegant Weapon From A More Civilized Age

-nightwing.....i have found that cheap doorbell housings that are square can be curved and mounted to a hilt making that box shape, then you can get a small sldie switch or push-on push-off switch and mount it inside the box, making that familiar box shaped switch.

jedisabersmith do you sell hilts like yours? i am tired of the sink job and dont have access to a metal lathe

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

In a few weeks I will have a new hilt system which will include complete aluminum hilts that have screw on end caps and emitter ends. There will be many styles to chose from. But I am sure Jeff at jedisabersmith could also hook you up with one.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

informalmyx, If you are interested in haveing something built just comtact me through my website. This is not best place to do business. Im just sharing some of my ideas with everybody here. Thanks, JSS

JediSaberSmith

Nothing against machined hilts, I think that some are rather beautiful, but I don't understand this contempt for sink tube/hardware hilts. Are we forgetting that's how it all started?
    Flashgun, calculator bubbles, grenade, circuitboard, gas burner, sink knob etc. Any of these ring a bell?

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

Or even as it goes in the books, Speeder bike throttle assembly, a bit from a wrecked starfighter, some spare jewels....Duct tape, safety wire, and a few pop rivets! Man it's ALL good, so long as the force flows, let it flow![8D]

i was just wondering if you did them right now i am happy with my everready flashlight hilt

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

I dont think anybody has forgot how it all began. Everything has a begining, as with everything things get better over time. I cant imagine too many Jedi running around with duct tape holding their lightsabers together. The machined emmiters and end caps that Strydur sells just make a better finished product.

JediSaberSmith