Thread: Three quick questions

Default Three quick questions

So, I'm an old member (there might even be people that remember me ) and I've got a pretty extensive parts bin but they're all pre MHSv2 and I'm trying to figure out a couple things:

1. I've got old style copper heatsinks, will the new tri-Cree LED stars fit onto those?

2. Will the Nano Biscotte V4 assembly power a tri-Cree setup easily?

3. What are people's thoughts on color balance with a tri-Cree to create a solid yellow?

I've got like three weeks between now and my next job so I'm sort of sitting around staring at some old projects and thinking on finishing them.

I vaguely remember you.

To answer your questions:

1. You’d.be better off getting the newer MHS heatsink assembly if your planning on using Tri-Crees.

2. Yes.

3. I’ve done it, with no issue.

Also, V2 is a different size that the original V1, so you would want V1 parts to go with whatever you have. 😉
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I vaguely remember you.

To answer your questions:

1. You’d.be better off getting the newer MHS heatsink assembly if your planning on using Tri-Crees.

2. Yes.

3. I’ve done it, with no issue.

Also, V2 is a different size that the original V1, so you would want V1 parts to go with whatever you have. ��
    yeah I figured that last, I've got the hilt finished out, just needs the electronics, figuring on dropping in a simple module but the tri rebels and crees were brand new when I was last active so I figure just grab a new blade holder and drill and tap it along with the other bits I need.

Thanks for the reply.

The do make adapters between the 2 versions. That may work better, if they’re in stock.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yo, DDG! What's up, destroyer?!?! Long time, dogg!

Nice sig block.