Thread: Extra Sound Effects in a Prizm v5?

Question Extra Sound Effects in a Prizm v5?

Hi everyone,

So I want to use a Luke RotJ sound font for my build and the one I'm looking at has extra sound effects like spins, stabs, and hilt-angle ignition sound variation. But the font is optimized for a Crystal Focus (I think v7) and my Prizm (v5) doesn't support those. I understand it works like this:

Prizm v5 = Neopixel but no spin/stab/ignition variation.
    Crystal Focus = Spin/stab/ignition variation but no Neopixel.

I picked the Prizm because I decided to go with the Neopixel blade. My question is, is there a way to still use the Focus-only sound effects with my Prizm? Like, for example, replacing the blaster-deflection sounds with the stabs or using something in place of the Force sound? Or would I just need to replace my sound board whenever a Crystal Focus that could be used with Neopixel is released? Or are there other options?

May the Force of others be with you,
    Beskar Anooba
    There is no Light Side, nor is there a Dark Side; there is only the Force. I will keep the balance; the balance will keep me whole. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. There is chaos, yet order. There is no life without death. There is death, yet the Force. The Force is all things and I am one with the Force.

No, there is not a way to use those on a Prizm. One of the distinguishing factors between the boards were the sound effects that were available per board. Since the Crystal Focus is the top of the line, it obviously has the most effects and features
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    No, there is not a way to use those on a Prizm. One of the distinguishing factors between the boards were the sound effects that were available per board. Since the Crystal Focus is the top of the line, it obviously has the most effects and features
    Yeah, I figured as much. So the only way to use them and use a NeoPixel blade would be to wait until a Crystal Focus board comes out that's compatible with the blade tech and then reinstall the electronics? I can live with that. I don't really want the spin anyways, and I'm sure the clash sounds won't sound too different from the stab ones. The only thing I'll really miss not having is the ignition sound feature, I thought that one was neat.

But there's absolutely no way I can use the stab sounds as aux effects in place of the blaster-deflections?

May the Force of others be with you,
    Beskar Anooba
    There is no Light Side, nor is there a Dark Side; there is only the Force. I will keep the balance; the balance will keep me whole. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. There is chaos, yet order. There is no life without death. There is death, yet the Force. The Force is all things and I am one with the Force.

You would have to rename the stab sounds as blaster(whatever number).wav, and use the aux button to trigger it. But the various blaster sounds are random as I recall. So you would have to decide if you want that particular sound as part of the rotation of sound effects, or eliminate all blaster blacks and just have the stab ones.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You would have to rename the stab sounds as blaster(whatever number).wav, and use the aux button to trigger it. But the various blaster sounds are random as I recall. So you would have to decide if you want that particular sound as part of the rotation of sound effects, or eliminate all blaster blacks and just have the stab ones.
    That's what I was thinking, yes. Just remove blaster blocks entirely and only use stabs, since I favor lightsaber-on-lightsaber combat forms. Would be difficult to trigger the aux effects at times, though, with the activation box I'm using, so clashes might suffice until I'm able to replace my board.