6 years ago I registered and said hello to everyone for the first time from Oklahoma. I quickly began my research, so I could make a single order from the TCSS, and got overwhelmed with my lack of knowledge. I let things go.
Flash forward a year and a half later after I have picked up a few more ForceFX sabers. I decided to purchase a NBv2 while they were in-stock. Once I have my NBv2 (prewired) in hand, I begin my research anew and once again get overwhelmed trying to figure out what to do and what to buy. I put things down again.
Flash forward once again to about a month ago. I’m cleaning one of my rooms and find my old NBv2 (still sealed), along with all my sabers hanging out in a corner being neglected. I am in a much better place in my life, where funds aren’t as tight and time is easier to spend on things I enjoy doing.
I make the choice to not let this hobby defeat me. I begin my research anew, once again getting frustrated, but decide just to push past it. I make an order of things I believe I need from TCSS and just accept the fact that I will be missing things or have the wrong items, and I will just need to make a 2nd or 3rd order to get this right. I need to get one saber under my belt to get over this hump, and begin my journey to converting all my MR/Hasbro sabers over to battle worthy bright swishing monsters.

I have set myself a clear 1st goal and I am stopping until it’s complete.
I am using an ObiWan RotS hilt that I have gutted. I plan to use none of the original innards from that saber, just the hilt. I am going to use my old NBv2. I am going to make it blue with FoC white. I am going to have an external recharge port.

I have purchased all the major components but I have already found at least one thing I need, so order #2 list is already started. I am hoping just to make it one more order as paying shipping on tiny things hurts my heart.

Here are the items I currently have in hand:

NBv2
Power Xtender™ 2.0
Hasbro FX Obi-Wan ROTS conversion kit
Blue/Blue/White Cree XP-E2 CopperNova
18deg Tri-Rebel/Cree Star Lens
Star thermal tape pad - Tri LED
2W 28mm Bass Speaker
7.4v Li-ion 2600mAh 18650 Battery Pack
Kill plug style 2
Kill plug style 4
Switchcraft 2.1mm Power Jack
Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery
1" Hilt safety plug - Trans White
Covertec Clip
Clash Sensor SW-18020P
Blade

I am hoping I can get some assistance with verifying some of my work and suggestions before making the second order, so I don’t need to make it a 3rd.

I already missed a base plate, and I believe I do not have the correct resistor either.
My current wiring plan:

CurrentWiringPlan1.jpg

Questions I currently have:
  1. Does the Power Extendor v2 work with the old NanoBv2 ?
  2. I purchased both a 3.7v and a 7.4v battery because I was unsure which one I would actually need. It looks like the main factor would be size in the hilt, so I believe with all the room I’m going to have that a 7.4v will work fine in this setup. Unless someone can give me a reason NOT to use 7.4v Li-ion 2600mAh 18650 Battery pack, then this is my plan.
  3. I am unsure when figuring the resistor amount if I am supposed to add up all the LEDs or just choose the highest one. In my current calculation, I just chose the highest one, so I believe I need a 4.7ohm 5w resistor. I would appreciate if someone could verify this.
  4. Side note: I purchased a big ol variety pack of resistors from amazon and the one i think i need is not in the pack, so I will be purchasing resistors from TCSS. My resistor pack goes from 0ohm to 10ohm and jumps from there. Apparently 4.7k isnt the same as 4.7ohm :/
  5. Does this setup need a FoC sensor? The old NanoBv2 has a swing sensor on it, but I don’t know if that actually counts for FoC. If it’s needed, I have one ready to be placed in this wiring … somewhere ….
  6. Will the MHS base plates (bottom of the hilt mesh thing) work with the MR/Hasbro sabers as well?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated and I will forever be in your debt getting me over this initial nightmare of a hump.

Thanks and hello again from Oklahoma.