Please be gentle if I'm asking the wrong question or I'm in the wrong place. I know I have a lot more research to do, but I was pumped for my first build and bought a bunch of MWS internals so I could get it together quickly. My thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I bought a MWS Momentary 16mm AV Switch (w/LED Ring), the MWS Momentary to Latching Converter, and the MWS Buckpuck. I noticed that the switch description states "Since this is a momentary switch it will not work with the MWS BuckPuck." Is that negated by the momentary to latching converter or am I going to have problems if I try to get them all going together?

Bonus Question: I've been so preoccupied with whether or not I COULD, I didn’t stop to think if I SHOULD...
I just got the basic MWS Cree Star single LED instead of one of the fancy stars with 3 LEDs. If the Buckpuck is fine to use with the switch and converter, will I get any benefit from using the Buckpuck instead of just soldering a simple resistor? I want a high quality build and the Buckpuck also made it seem easier, but I want to know if there's any tangible benefit to the premium build cost of using a Buckpuck if a cheap resistor will perform the same.

Again, thanks in advance for your support. Excited about joining the community and getting my first build under my belt.