Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Land Sabers!

Default Star Wars Land Sabers!

For those few people lucky enough to make it to the new Star Wars Land and pick up a custom or "Legacy" saber, I expect you to head directly to this forum and give us a full run down of the new tech! Are they good or are they cheap? I assume they'll be similar to the FX sabers, what do you think can the TCSS folks come up with to make them more awesome-er?!

Personally, I intend to be both judgemental and envious of people who get to build their own saber without burning themselves with a soldering iron at least once.

What are some of your thoughts?
    -TC

What if you're paying someone to be burned with a soldering iron on your behalf?
    There is no Light Side, nor is there a Dark Side; there is only the Force. I will keep the balance; the balance will keep me whole. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. There is chaos, yet order. There is no life without death. There is death, yet the Force. The Force is all things and I am one with the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by TCMars View Post
    For those few people lucky enough to make it to the new Star Wars Land and pick up a custom or "Legacy" saber, I expect you to head directly to this forum and give us a full run down of the new tech! Are they good or are they cheap? I assume they'll be similar to the FX sabers, what do you think can the TCSS folks come up with to make them more awesome-er?!

Personally, I intend to be both judgemental and envious of people who get to build their own saber without burning themselves with a soldering iron at least once.

What are some of your thoughts?
    -TC
    They're geared towards kids and the casual fan who probably don’t know that this niche hobby is a real thing. TCSS already offers “awesome” stuff, you just need the skill(s) to assemble it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    They're geared towards kids and the casual fan who probably don’t know that this niche hobby is a real thing. TCSS already offers “awesome” stuff, you just need the skill(s) to assemble it.
    No doubt! I've used TCSS parts and this fantastic community to build two (1.7 if I'm being honest) myself. I love the TCSS sabers, and I always show off my personally built sabers with pride; but TCSS also offers FX conversion kits.

Are you telling me you're not the least bit interested in what Star Wars Land has to offer? The videos I've seen make them look pretty neat, and I have my eye set on a pair of white bladed sabers. Maybe these new sabers are an evolution of FX sabers?

I value this community, I'd like to hear what they think of the new sabers before I drop coin on them.

From what I’ve heard, from those who have seen them, they’re very large. The “tech” they’ve created for them seems cool (if a tad basic). Personally, I’m not real interested, I’ve built more than enough sabers over the years, and have several higher end (thought they’re “old” by today’s standards) that sit comfortably on my shelf.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    From what I’ve heard, from those who have seen them, they’re very large. The “tech” they’ve created for them seems cool (if a tad basic). Personally, I’m not real interested, I’ve built more than enough sabers over the years, and have several higher end (thought they’re “old” by today’s standards) that sit comfortably on my shelf.
    I just read a little article about the Disneyland shop and yeah, based on the pictures I'd say that their hilts are pretty wide in diameter and the blades are chunky for only being 31" long. It looks more to me like the pieces slide or stack onto a central core containing a plastic "Kyber crystal" and speaker and are plastic with some metal, not unlike the make-your-own Force FX saber kit that Master Replicas/Hasbro put out some time ago, instead of MHS-style threading. There's a few neat-looking ones, though, made to look like wood or bone or rancor teeth. I can't tell how the blade is attached or if it's removable after the fact, but I know that it does get attached after you're done putting the hilt together.

The whole process of making it seems pretty fun, though. It's as much of a show experience as an activity and it's one that as a kid I'd be massively hyped for. But on the other hand I'm not so sure I'd be willing to spend the extra $225 (I'm SURE that will go up) to wait in line for two hours at least (and you're on a reservation, so you can't miss it) now that I've invested in an all-metal lightsaber that will truly be my own elegant weapon from a more civilized age.

Article here: https://www.micechat.com/226954-disn...uYlh3eRYYbIiDc

May the Force of others be with you,
    Beskar Anooba
    There is no Light Side, nor is there a Dark Side; there is only the Force. I will keep the balance; the balance will keep me whole. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. There is chaos, yet order. There is no life without death. There is death, yet the Force. The Force is all things and I am one with the Force.

*Disclaimer. I just woke up after visiting Galaxy's Edge. I had the 8pm-12am reservation. After visiting, it inspired me to come back to the community after a hiatus.* The legacy sabers are push and twist neoplex blade system. I bought the Luke ROTJ and yes, the body is definitely wide and chunky. This model provides two blade holders, one that accepts the 36 inch blade and a non-blade holder with the skinny neck profile to display it as a shelf piece. https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...uB?usp=sharing Note, I did not upload a pic of the other bladeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by JD8a27 View Post
    *Disclaimer. I just woke up after visiting Galaxy's Edge. I had the 8pm-12am reservation. After visiting, it inspired me to come back to the community after a hiatus.* The legacy sabers are push and twist neoplex blade system. I bought the Luke ROTJ and yes, the body is definitely wide and chunky. This model provides two blade holders, one that accepts the 36 inch blade and a non-blade holder with the skinny neck profile to display it as a shelf piece. https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...uB?usp=sharing Note, I did not upload a pic of the other bladeholder.
    This was the info I was after. When I saw the preview pictures, and the thin neck I was curious if they had figured out how to do a force FX type saber with a removable blade. But this proves the neo pixel with a LS6 or similar is the only way to go. Thanks!

Glad to help!

what if you dont burn your finger with the soldering iron directly, but on the metal stand that you set the iron on to?

But seriously i have been wondering if they are using a Neopixel set up or something like that
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.