Hi everyone,

Yet another question from me here. I really really really want to give my MHS-parts hilt a brass finish. I don't mean paint or goldish anodizing or powdercoating that doesn't really look like the real thing and won't weather, I mean a real brass-plated finish that will tarnish and patina and can be painted over and weathered and look like a genuinely worn and antiquated weapon from a more civilized age, a hilt whose components lay unused in the cupboards and drawers of the Crucible or the Temple's workshops for decades before I selected and assembled them.

But I cannot for the life of me find anyone nearby who can do that. I know it's possible to brass-plate aluminium; a little more difficult than other metals, yes, but possible. I've tried contacting metal finishers around my area and so far have had no luck, so I'm going to ask my local gunsmith if he has any suggestions. In the meantime, I'm reaching out to the community for help too. If anyone knows companies or individuals, professional or amateur, who can help me with this project, please please let me know. If you yourselves can help, contact me by PMs or by replying here. My last resort will be buying a Caswell plating kit and trying my hand at doing it myself, but I have zero experience and am reluctant to do that.

Help me, TCSS Forums, you're my only hope!

May the Force of others be with you,
Beskar Anooba