Thread: MHS Build - BINARY SABER

Lightbulb MHS Build - BINARY SABER

Hi everyone, I thought I would share one of my builds. This saber is inspired by the scrap-tech scavenged by Jawas under the Binary suns of Tatooine. So it's called the Binary. Quad-Cree XPE2 B/B/RB/W - 18650 Li-On Battery - NBv4 - 28mm Bass Speaker

It's meant to look like it's had a long and interesting life, having been lost to the sands many years ago. I used chemical weathering on the aluminum, and custom 3D modeled an activation box and bunny ear piece, as well as the entire crystal reveal chassis. It's meant to evoke the look of a Graflex while still being unique. I like to think of this saber being recovered by Jawas and changing hands many times on the black market of Mos Espa before eventually being acquired by a crime lord as a status piece. Hope you like it, Thanks - Jonathan

Hey @Teslatechguy ! Really nice job on your lightsaber! Where's that two bolt clamp from? I like what you did with your "bunny ears", they look a bit like a Trijicon sight. Did you print them and your activation box in plastic or "steel"? Did you have any specific inspiration for those parts? And is that a Razor Blade Plug? Can't quite make out what you used for it from the photos you've shared so far.

Thanks for sharing your pics! I think it has a before-broken Starkiller feel to it! Looking forward to seeing your next build!

Niiice! I'm especially liking the very authentic looking deep relic weathering. I love sabers with a 'history' and that chemical weathering makes it appear like maybe it had been slowwwly dissolving in the stomach of a Sarlacc for a thousand years before the Jawas recovered it and that crimelord 'restored' his new prize as best he could... Hmmmm...might be a story there eh? Well done and BRAVO!

That whole thing is beautiful. I really love the chassis. Great work man!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Quote Originally Posted by Ridire Fíréan View Post
    Hey @Teslatechguy ! Really nice job on your lightsaber! Where's that two bolt clamp from? I like what you did with your "bunny ears", they look a bit like a Trijicon sight. Did you print them and your activation box in plastic or "steel"? Did you have any specific inspiration for those parts? And is that a Razor Blade Plug? Can't quite make out what you used for it from the photos you've shared so far.

Thanks for sharing your pics! I think it has a before-broken Starkiller feel to it! Looking forward to seeing your next build!
    Thanks everybody, it was a lot of work lol! This was my first build. The clamp is an aluminum bicycle seat clamp! I weathered it and added an extra greeblie to one side. The activation box and bunny ears were initially printed in steel, but I found it too difficult to work with, I was snapping drill bits and thread taps like crazy! So I then printed them in Multi-Jet Fusion plastic, it's strong enough to be thread tapped, but much easier to work with than steel. I then painted and weathered them to look like metal, the same goes for the internal chassis. There wasn't really any specific inspiration for the parts, just to make them seem kinda scrappy and full of greeblies. The blade plug is from defconbird on ebay, it's more of a turbine design with afterglow. Thanks.
    Last edited by Teslatechguy; 05-23-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Wow! Really awesome! I am really surprised that this is your first build.