Thread: Powder coating colors not on website (photos please)

Default Powder coating colors not on website (photos please)

Hi folks,

If anyone has some photos (or can take some) of their hilts/parts/anything powdercoated in "Flat Olive Drab" and "Transparent Copper", would you please post them in the replies here? I'd also love any photos of "Copper Vein" and "Olive Green" to see how shiny the latter is. I want to do my saber with most parts translucent brass, my lower grip in copper vein, and I'm thinking I want my upper grip in green to match my Mando armor/X-wing gear/Jedi robes. Thanks!

May the Force of others be with you,
    Beskar Anooba
    There is no Light Side, nor is there a Dark Side; there is only the Force. I will keep the balance; the balance will keep me whole. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. There is chaos, yet order. There is no life without death. There is death, yet the Force. The Force is all things and I am one with the Force.

In the links below, the forum posts show the two MHS sabers I’ve built.

On “Sunfire”, the orange parts are the “Jollipop Copper Orange”.
    That coating makes it look like the orange part of a Duracell battery. I really like the look, as it is a Translucent Powder Coat.

(Not in my post) “Copper Metallic” is closer to a metal flake paint look.
    As for the “Copper Vein”, it has texture, and looks like a better version of “Hammered Metalic” Paint (ie, like Rustolium brand spray paint).
    You can see these in the link to the store Powdercoat below.

On “Moonglow”, the yellowish parts are “Translucent Brass”.
    Warning! The picture on the Powdercoat colors page of the Translucent Brass make the part look MUCH darker then in real life. In normal, and daylight conditions, the brass Powdercoat is quite faint, and barely yellow, and no where near the dark brass color of the real brass parts on the saber. In fact my own pictures make the brass Powdercoat look darker then it really is in real life.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by bigkevin61; 05-10-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Hi there,
    Thanks for the pics. I've actually decided to all but abandon powdercoating except for using the copper vein on my lower grip section (doing a Mara Jade-style grooved 4" section), mostly because I saw a number of pics that showed the Translucent Brass not really looking like what I wanted to go for. Instead I'm looking into having my parts anodized with a copperish-goldish appearance to get close to brass and then I'll paint over with krylon or something to weather it.

May the Force of others be with you,
    Beskar Anooba
    There is no Light Side, nor is there a Dark Side; there is only the Force. I will keep the balance; the balance will keep me whole. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. There is chaos, yet order. There is no life without death. There is death, yet the Force. The Force is all things and I am one with the Force.