Good morning everyone, and May the 4th be with you!

As you can expect, I've got my older builds charged up and ready for today while I work on my next saber. While goofing about with my 2017 build, I noticed that the speaker now boasts a really "grainy" sound to it. It's not terribly noticeable during the motionless humming, but when the saber is swung, or clashed, or performing a blaster block/lockup, you can really hear how grainy the speaker sounds.

The build is a CF8 with 2W Bass speaker. I connected my rice cable recently and turned the volume down from 4 to 3 but that is about the only adjustment I've made which would involve the speaker.

Looking to see if anyone has come across this before. I assume it's either a connection that is becoming stressed or the speaker is going bad? I gave it time overnight to come to a full charge to see if that was the issue but the grainy-ness persists. I've had this saber completed since about August of 2017 and this is the first time I've heard it sound like this. I would love to avoid replacing the speaker as it's pretty snug in a chassis, but if that's what I gotta do then that's what I've gotta do.

Thanks everyone!

MTFBWY