View Poll Results: Which blade holder direction should I use?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slant downwards (screw on top)

6 85.71%
  • Slant upwards (screw on bottom)

1 14.29%

Thread: Blade holder slant direction poll

Default Blade holder slant direction poll

SaberBuilder_render2.jpgSaberBuilder_render3.jpg

Hi everyone,
    There's two versions of my saber hilt attached. One has the emitter slant facing the activation box and the other has it facing away. Those covertech clips are meant to represent the blade retention screws and my thumb will rest atop the box when I hold the saber. I'm just asking for opinions here on which style looks better and I'm attaching a poll (if it works, haha).

May the Force of others be with you,
    Beskar Anooba
    There is no Light Side, nor is there a Dark Side; there is only the Force. I will keep the balance; the balance will keep me whole. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. There is chaos, yet order. There is no life without death. There is death, yet the Force. The Force is all things and I am one with the Force.

In my sabers I have operated with the theory that the shroud area would be to protect the wielder, or at least more blade should be facing the opponent than the wielder. If that box is for activation, how do you intend on it to be activated?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    In my sabers I have operated with the theory that the shroud area would be to protect the wielder, or at least more blade should be facing the opponent than the wielder. If that box is for activation, how do you intend on it to be activated?
    The box in the picture is only a representation of the one I want, the Box Style 28 kit. Unless I'm mistaken, I can use one or two switches mounted in it to operate the electronics. If I am mistaken, I'll have to rethink that aspect of the hilt. But as far as your idea about the shroud protecting the wielder, I agree with that. The blade holder in the pictures isn't the one I plan to use, either; since the MHSv2 #3 blade holder isn't in the builder, it's just a basic representation and that one has a little guard integrated into it.

May the Force of others be with you.
    Beskar Anooba
    There is no Light Side, nor is there a Dark Side; there is only the Force. I will keep the balance; the balance will keep me whole. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. There is chaos, yet order. There is no life without death. There is death, yet the Force. The Force is all things and I am one with the Force.