Thread: NBIV orientation in hilt

Default NBIV orientation in hilt

Hello All, I'm currently working on my fourth install and was wondering if the orientation of the NBIV matters? More specifically, I've done my previous installs with the contacts towards the emitter and the SD card towards the pommel. Can I reverse that so that the contacts are point towards the pommel? It's going to be easier to wire that way, but I don't want to hurt the performance.

It normally is suppose to be the way you had been doing it, it may hurt your performance, but you can compensate for that by “tuning the saber”. Of course, that will be a bit difficult if you can’t access the SD card holder.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks FJK! I'll still be able to access the SD card as I'm just rotating the sound board 180. I'm going to play around with it a little to see if I can figure out a way to place the card right side up, but just wanted to check if there were any issues if I couldn't.