Thread: How Many Batteries Will I Need For My Con? (calculation question)

Default How Many Batteries Will I Need For My Con? (calculation question)

I plan to use a Crystal Focus and a tri-cree with premium speaker but I don't know how many total watts they draw. I plan to use a 3400mah replaceable battery. I want to have my saber on for as long as possible across an 8 hour con and will want to be able to recharge them in the night. I plan to have two sabers with the same setup (one blue and one red tri-cree).

Is it safe to say I need 3 batteries for each saber to get at least a 4 hour total run time for each saber?

Correct.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you. Also as far as the blade holding screw, does tcss provide them too? Am planning on placing my order once I get this info.

Yes, look in the screw section.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com