Thread: Localized Lockup Effect for Proffieboard Neopixel

Default Localized Lockup Effect for Proffieboard Neopixel

Here's a few examples of the new Localized Lockup effect I built for neopixel sabers on Proffieboard. The style mimics the look in the films of two blades crossing really nicely. Enjoy!

Kylo Ren / Rey Localized Lockup Effect

Vader / Luke (ESB) Localized Lockup Effect

Additional colors/styles with Localized Lockup on my OWK TPM, prequel blue, Luke green, Mace purple.

Please excuse the simple "battle" and verbal cues, I had my son demonstrate the Localized Lockup effect to show how it mimics the films with only the cross section of the blade sparking and flashing while the rest of the blade remains normal, as opposed to the entire blade flashing.

I've designed a variant for Lockup I'm calling "Force Lightning Lockup" based on the scene from ROTS when Mace Windu blocks Palpatine's force lightning. This version has multiple contact points on the blade moving and dancing like we see in the film. I have created several versions, they are all up on the style sharing thread or here: http://therebelarmory.com/post/134926/thread

mace.jpg

A little while back I had created a "Force Lightning Lockup" effect for neopixels to mimic blocking a force lightning attack like Mace Windu did in ROTS. I wanted to be able to have this Lockup and normal Localized Lockup in the same preset. So with lots of trial and error and lots of hand-holding and guidance from profezzorn I was able to modify the OS to enable two separate lockup types, each triggered individually. These could theoretically be used for any effects for Lockup, two different styles. I've attached the updated files needed (below) and several single blade styles to try it out. I will be building out new styles later this week (as I'm able to test) which I'll post in this thread since they require a mod to run.

More info, files and styles here: http://therebelarmory.com/thread/111...roffieboard-os