Thread: MHS threads not fitting

Default MHS threads not fitting

I have some powder coated parts that are not working together. Some are tighter than others, but the pommel is simply not compatible with the bottom of the hilt. I've used different parts to make sure the parts fit other parts, but not the two I need to fit to each other. The pommel will fit a different hilt. Some extension pieces fit where the pommel should. Everything is greased. But I've never had to force parts like this. If I try, I'm sure it would get stuck.

You didn’t powder coat the threaded parts, did you? You have to make absolutely sure the threaded parts (on both pieces) are kept very clean and very well taped.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I ordered them powdercoated from TCSS. There's the smallest bit of color on the female threads of one part. Everything else fits that fine though. The pommel doesn't fit the hilt, but the pommel fits everything else and everything else fits the hilt, just not the intended pommel and hilt together. Something about the two pieces make it tight.

That’s strange. I’d make sure both sets of threads are completely clean, running a CLEAN toothpick from one end to the other should get rid of any gunk in the threads. Also, are these all the same version of parts?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I've found that some of my early TCSS MHS parts from before the thread length change several years ago don't always fit quite as smoothly with the newer ones (they work perfectly within their own 'generations' though) so IF you are mixing new with 'ye olde tyme' TCSS MHS parts that might be an issue? Or are some of the parts supposedly 'MHS compatible' parts from other sources? Those don't always 'play well with others' as genuine TCSS MHS parts normally do.

It seems they can fit, but it takes a good deal of force more than any other pieces.

4" Deep fluted double female threaded connector and MPS Pommel style 11.

Last edited by Obese Wan Kenobese; 04-13-2019 at 09:49 AM.