Thread: Tri-Cree LED Question

Default Tri-Cree LED Question

Hello CustomSaberShop Forum!
    Does anyone know the brightness comparison between the Tri-Cree LED and 12w LED module? My understanding is that 12w has one more LED and thus is brighter but cannot find anything online confirming this theory. Any assistance is much appreciated. Thanks

More LEDs DOES NOT equal “brighter”. Tri-Crees tend to be brighter overall.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Wattage is the dumbest rating ever for comparing LED's.. You can have a 12w LED that performs worse than a 3w LED. It is all about efficiency and lumen ratings. Also taking 4 LED's that are lets say 150 lumens each and stuffing them next to each other does not equal a 600 lumen output. You have to take into account the focusing, heat, etc.. As a LED's heats up the lumens will go down which is why we only offer heat sinks made of real solid copper and use LED bases designed to remove heat as much as possible from the LED.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop