Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Customize Hasbro 2015 Luke Blue Black Series

Hope they get to you soon. I've been thinking about this, not sure how dual switches will work in the clamp. There needs to be fulcrum between the two so only one activates at a time. Then you will need to be able to activate both simultaneously to get color shift on prism. What about red button activation, and then using the clamp switch for aux? You would have to cut a wire channel into the conversion kit, and then adapt a Graflex 2.5 switch bezel and switch. It can be done. Of course the dual clamp switches may work, I'm just not sure. I only ever installed NBIV into these conversions. I have used prisms in Graflexes, but only in the 2.5 kits. Many button options in those hilts.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Thank you for the switches! i need to decide what i want to do and will let you know.
    Also than you for all the help!
    - May the FORCE be with you, always.

Glad you got them, hope you are making progress!

Tom- do you have any pictures or tutorials on how to mod tcss conversion kit to make the channel for the red button activation? I’m doing a Rey conversion with a NBv4 in the newer MHSv1 chassis. Your videos have been a massive help so far. First time going through this!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwa09 View Post
    Tom- do you have any pictures or tutorials on how to mod tcss conversion kit to make the channel for the red button activation? I’m doing a Rey conversion with a NBv4 in the newer MHSv1 chassis. Your videos have been a massive help so far. First time going through this!
    I have never videoed cutting in the channel on the Graflex Conversion kits; however, I basically use a dremel cutting wheel to slice in a channel about 3mm wide and 3mm deep or so from the red button to the existing channels in the adapter. The key thing is making sure you get them smooth enough that they aren't going to damage your wires shaking around in them. I also use 30 ga wires for my switches, so there is plenty of room in that channel for 2 30 ga. wires.

If I were going to run a clamp switch as an aux, then I would run my ground wire into that switch from the red button switch, and continue it onto the board. Both switches then share the same common path to GND. With 2 switches, you'll only have 3 wires, and I commonly do that on most of my 2 switch installs, as it saves space, as well as minimizes the amount of wires going to the board. I never like sending more than one wire to a board, so anytime I have the opportunity, I common up leads in the chassis, and run a pigtail off of them to the board to minimize clutter soldering onto the board.

Tom