Thread: Nbv4 quick question

Default Nbv4 quick question

Hey guys just one really quick question regarding the configuration of the nbv4. Is the nb shown in the assembly pics in the store representative of all new nb's? If so is there an updated manual available since there is now an on board power extender for a try third channel.
    BEING DARK DOSEN'T MAKE YOU EVIL JUST... MISUNDERSTOOD

I believe the manual is up to date, and there is no "on board power extender" it still states in the manual "3 channel (2 onboard drivers, one remote Power Extender)" which suggests you need a remote PEX for the third channel FoC etc.

Even the parts list points to "A power extender (PEx) to operate the 3rd channel (optional)" Optional being the optimum word. But you'd still need one.

Although, I could be wrong.

I was looking for something else on the forums to do with the NBv4 and stumbled across a great description of the differences. You should check it out.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...highlight=NBv4
    Last edited by Jukesie; 10-18-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkjedimaster07 View Post
    Hey guys just one really quick question regarding the configuration of the nbv4. Is the nb shown in the assembly pics in the store representative of all new nb's? If so is there an updated manual available since there is now an on board power extender for a try third channel.
    If you are referring to the longer, pre-wired "assembly" then no. It is not representative of all NB v4's. That is a custom board that was designed exclusively for TCSS. The differences between it and the regular NB v4 can be found in the description on the product page. Of note, the assemblies DO have a built in PEX for the third channel.

From the product page:

"This has the same features as a NBv4 except for the following changes.

1. This board has a 3rd channel power extender built in. Since this shares the same circuit as the NeoPixel data line there is jumper pads that switch between the two setups. It comes setup by default NOT for NeoPixel use. To enable it to be used for NeoPixel, the solder needs to be removed from the jumper pads which we can do for you if you select NeoPixel setup from the drop down selection above."

As far as I know there is no dedicated manual for the "assembly" board, but you can still use the regular NB v4 manual.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末