Thread: First build HELP!

Default First build HELP!

Okay. I finally got all my parts and am doing test fits before I start going crazy and putting everything together for real.

My blade to start:
    IMG_4579.jpg

Isn't it great?! I'm excited to build it.

I'm going to probably keep updating this one thread as new problems arise (that I can't solve on my own or see solutions for on here).

Problem 1:

Blade holder and activation box alignment.

IMG_6124.jpg

So you can see in this image and a bit in the first one. They aren't aligned. Any tips on how to fix this?

Problem 2:

16mm AV switch doesn't fit 16mm hole.

IMG_7812.jpg

You can see here that the AV switch isn't all the way in. I screwed it in until hand tightened then got out the pliers and made it harder for myself in the future (but that's a problem I can solve).
    Any advice for screwing it in further? I tried force (lol) and just made it worse. I've cleaned it all, used a little lube and repeated to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

May the Force be with you.

You can try locking shims for problem #1.

For probelm#2, did you order the matching switch hole service? If you did, try taking the box off, add the switches and whatever else, and THEN try fastening the box to the saber.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I figured that's what I'd have to do for #1. Thanks.

And yes, I got the box 5. it was milled out by CSS and looks good. Here are some more pictures.

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_5108.jpg

Everything else fits great and it screws in perfectly until right there.
    no idea.

I’d take the A/V switch out and check all the threads both on the box and on the switch. It may be cross threaded.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com