Thread: CFX and Neopixel for Ultrasabers Manticore Hilt

Default CFX and Neopixel for Ultrasabers Manticore Hilt

I'm very new to the scene but I have purchased a CFX board and the manticore hilt and my plan is to make a neopixel system but I don't know where to start. I don't know any parts lists to use, the sizing, building, all that stuff. I've soldered things before so I'm able to do that but I have no idea what parts to buy. Thanks everyone!

Hey T-Dog

Welcome. Sounds like a good plan - check out the vids linked in the store. Madcow/Rob Petkau knows his stuff and delivers instructions in a Bob Ross kinda mellow way . One general suggestion I will make is be sure your Soldering Iron & Station is ESD safe as there seems to be big wave of CFX being damaged by static during installation lately.

NeoPixel PCB PCB Wiring
    Plecter Pixel Blade Construction

Also, you might not find too much support for your Ultrasabers hilt here as the site has its own proprietary hilt system (MHS). A few members are familiar with Ultrasbers though and are a helpful lot.

MTFBWY and RTFM

-Steve
    Last edited by null; 02-22-2020 at 08:57 PM.

And don’t forget forgetful Jedi’s CFX wiring tutorial...I made that mistake and made him grumpy (kidding). Robs TCSS videos are great but he hasn’t done one with CFX that I have seen.

I have torn down a US hilt and installed plecter/neo...if you ordered it empty, you are good. If you had it installed, it’s kind of a pain with all the glue they put in there. Just grab some calipers to make sure you get all of the inner diameter measurements and you can choose a chassis or chassis parts that will work. If you have a 3D printed, even better.

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    And don’t forget forgetful Jedi’s CFX wiring tutorial...I made that mistake and made him grumpy (kidding). Robs TCSS videos are great but he hasn’t done one with CFX that I have seen.
    Rob and I discussed the CFX video before I even did it. Since he didn’t have the time to do it, and I did, you guys got me for that one.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com