Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NBV4 - Sound File Quantity

Default NBV4 - Sound File Quantity

Hey guys

I just finished a NBV4 install and have been having fun working withe the sound fonts.

I have not been able to find answers to a few questions:

#1 - What are the default file names that the board recognizes?
    Most purchased sound sets include a number of different "boot" and "poweron" for example. Is there a master list somewhere of the exact file names?
    Im curious if I need to actually have all these extra files in my directories or can I thin them down to the essentials.

#2 - (In line with question #1) How many "clash" and "swing" files is the board capable of processing. A font package I recently purchased has 16 of each. Is the board looking at all of these or can I select the ones I want and pull the other ones out?

I believe half of the font in this new package wont even be recognized by the NBV4 and are for the other more advanced boards.

Curious if there is a list of all the file names this board recognizes. I have not found one in the manual or on-line.

Thanks !!!

I believe all of those answers can be found in the manual, which is available for download in the store. 😉
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I believe all of those answers can be found in the manual, which is available for download in the store.
    Page 6 !!!

I've been so deep in the install portion of the manual I didn't go back.

Thank you !!!

It states 16 swing and clashes but I am certain that mine is not accessing all 16. It seems to repeat at about 5. Is there a setting that is not allowing this to increase. It is a NBV4 that I have only had for a few months and it does this with all of the sound banks.

Hey Loccusst

There is no setting for the # of swing / clash sounds; the board will automatically detect them if they are named correctly, as per the manual.

Are you running custom soundfonts or the ones the board came with? The Plecter Labs package only come with 8 Swing sounds and 8 Clash sounds by default.

- Steve

I'm using custom ones. Nebula, Fulcrum, Senate Majority (I modified using Audacity), Revolt, Nightfall......to name a few I have played with. The Light/Grey/Dark Meat Default fonts don't seem to have the issue although it is a bit harder to tell because the sounds aren't as distinct as the custom ones.

Hey

And you have the modified ones named in the proper format and saved at 16bit / 22050 samples per second? I know whenever I use Audacity it likes to save my .wav files at higher bitrate by default and I have to go in manually and change the settings.

I’m actually running Fulcrum in my CF7.5 and have never noticed that issue; I’ll take it out for a rip tomorrow A.M. and see if I get all 16 sounds for each...

- Steve

Yeah they are all named properly (clash2.wav or swing15.wav) and are all 22KHZ and 16 bit. I think the files are all from CF files honestly but everything I have read states it doesn't matter. Also, if I move a file let's say clash15.wav to clash3.wav by renaming it, the file plays. So it is vey much as if the board will not play through 16 but only through a lower amount like 5 or 8, I'm not sure what it's limit is for sure.
    Last edited by Loccusst; 04-13-2020 at 08:51 PM.

It use to be 8. I’m pretty sure there was an upgrade to 16, but that wasn’t a board I worked with often, so I’m not sure about what happened and when.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com