Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS V2 Questions

Default MHS V2 Questions

So I’ve been looking through the forums and haven’t found answers to a couple of questions:

1) Is powder coating available on the MHS V2? Since you order it via the builder with the MHS V1, how would I go about ordering the powder coat for V2?

2) What about drilling for switches/ports on the V2? Is this a service offered on the V2 extensions?

3) Any board or chassis recommendations or warnings with the thinner V2s?

Thanks in advance! I love all the options with the V1, but with the sabers I’ve used I’ve drastically preferred thinner hilts, and it seems like the V1 are more like thick bodied Ultrasabers, and the V2 is more like an Electrum Evoflex or thinner Saberforge. Does that sound accurate? No one locally has a TCSS build for me to actually hold, but I really want to build one and love it!

***edit***
    I think I answered my own switch and powder coat questions with the services category of the store, but the rest still stand!
    Last edited by StoneGuardian; 02-25-2019 at 01:56 PM.

All of the boards will fit in the V2 pieces. You will just have to be a bit careful in planning, there won’t be as much space for a lot of wires, and you won’t be able to put the board on top of the battery, as you would be able to in V1 pieces.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ok awesome! What about Chassis options? Will work, won’t work?

There are chassis options under the V2 parts tab.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ok fair, but thanks to a Youtube video I actually found something more akin to what I was thinking about under Modular wiring system>LED Drivers/sound. Though I'd imagine going with the build up chassis parts under the tab gives you a lot more flexibility in board and speaker choice.

Thanks for responding!

Powder coating is available in the services section of the shop. The powder coating in the builder is incredibly outdated and doesn't include MANY/MOST of the available colors.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGuardian View Post
    Ok awesome! What about Chassis options? Will work, won’t work?
    You may want to check out shapeways.com as well for a chassis. A lot of great looking options! I want to get one myself when I have the money for a MHS build.
    MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CORRECT Outer Diameter(OD). MHSv2 has 1" ID so anything 1"(2.53mm)OD will fit

You can also make chassis from 1" blade material.

Stone-
    Here is what i did with the V2 chassis parts. The aluminum disc is an adapter I made to fit a 28mm speaker..IMG_2076 V2 chassis.jpgIMG_2071 V2 adapter.jpg

I never tried using MH2 parts, though I'm sure you can get the same modifications done as the MH1. I really wish there were more options for the MH2 though.
    Laser Sword