Thread: MHS Help, am I outdated?

Default MHS Help, am I outdated?

Hey guys, I recently got all the electronic guts to refit my old MHS saber. However, when I went to test fit the LED, I found that its too wide for the emitter part. I bought the LED that said it fit MHS v1. I assumed thats what I had, as I had purchased all my MHS parts more than 10 yrs ago. But when I actually compared my emitter to the equivalent pic in the shop, mine is a lot narrower inside. So, if I buy myself a new emitter part to accommodate the LED, will the threads still match up to my other older pieces?

Thanks
    RED 7 Standing by...

Are you saying that the new led does not fit in the heat sink, or that the heat sink does not fit in the blade holder? I have recently built a number of MHS and non MHS sabers, and with MHS, everything fits like a glove. If just the led star, you can sand down the edges to fit, it the sink won’t fit in the blade holder, that is different. I would also use digital calipers if you have access to them to take the inner diameter of the blade holder, and the OD of the heat sink if that is your issue. That will help the experts (not me) understand how the fit is out of whack.

V1 is the same size as it was 10 years ago. HOWEVER, the actual heatsink module has changed a bit since then. I’d get a new module and a new blade holder and you should be good.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Here are some pics to illustrate what im talking about.

MHS emitter that is in shop now

My emitter, same design, but much chunkier inside

My emitter with LED sitting on top cuz it wont fit inside

So, im just hoping that if I get a new emitter that it will not only fit the LED, but also screw back into the rest of the saber without issue.
    RED 7 Standing by...

Yes. The emitters were modified when those new heat sinks were created 6-7 years ago.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com