Thread: Kylo Ren blade builders conversion

Default Kylo Ren blade builders conversion

I am currently working on my first ever sort of custom lightsaber build but dont really know what I am doing so am posting here to both document my progress and get some advice

GUEST_a6f350ef-ac78-4119-9e84-fd59d9d631f9.jpg\

IMG_0441.JPG

The goal is to use this toy lightsabers lights and sound card inside a 3d printed body to make the saber staff as seen in this concept art.

Thus far i have completely dismantled the saber to have access to the electronics but am nervous about cutting any wires just yet.

IMG_0438.jpg

What I am planning on doing is keeping the main blade and soundboard relatively the same and placing them on one end of the staff and lengthening the wires that run to the side blades to get them to the other end with some connectors in the middle to allow us to separate the staff for travel. The biggest concern I have thus far is if I were to swap out the battery pack for one that would work easier inside the staff what kind of battery pack should I use and will I need to add additional resistors?

To answer your question. I have used 3.7 lithium ion packs in repurposed Hasbro boards without any issue. Just as long as your battery pack is between 3 volts and 4.5 volts (assuming it uses 3 AA now) you should be fine. I am glad you posted this actually because I didn't realize how wide that board was (with that extension at the bottom). How wide is it at its widest point? I'm not sure it will fit in my intended saber.

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    To answer your question. I have used 3.7 lithium ion packs in repurposed Hasbro boards without any issue. Just as long as your battery pack is between 3 volts and 4.5 volts (assuming it uses 3 AA now) you should be fine. I am glad you posted this actually because I didn't realize how wide that board was (with that extension at the bottom). How wide is it at its widest point? I'm not sure it will fit in my intended saber.
    Thank you! my cheap calipers are giving me 1.0375 inches at the widest, thank you for bringing this up i hadnt even thought about it.

Hi how did you get yours apart I would like to replace the blades on mine with Removable Polycarbonate Tubing and a better paint job .