Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: MHS Builder Status / MHSv1 vs MHSv2

  1. #1

    Default MHS Builder Status / MHSv1 vs MHSv2

    Hi, I looked around for a bunch but I couldn't find the answer to some newbie questions...

    What is the difference between MHS v1 and MHS v2? Are they the same Outer Diameter? Do they have different threads?

    And is the MHS Builder up to date? I was able to get it working (had to use Chrome) but I couldn't tell if it was pulling current products available or old ones... and I also couldn't tell if it was using only MHSv1, MHSv2, or mixing them...

  2. #2

    Default

    To answer your questions...

    1. MHSV2 is a smaller diameter (about 1.25 OD). Yes, the threading is different for MHS v2 pieces.

    2. No. The pieces shown are MHSV1 pieces.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

    "Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    To answer your questions...
    2. No. The pieces shown are MHSV1 pieces.
    Thank you! (So to confirm, the builder shows MHSV1 pieces; but it's not up to date and doesn't reflect what's currently for sale?)

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andeddu View Post
    Thank you! (So to confirm, the builder shows MHSV1 pieces; but it's not up to date and doesn't reflect what's currently for sale?)
    Correct.

  5. #5
    Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andeddu View Post
    Thank you! (So to confirm, the builder shows MHSV1 pieces; but it's not up to date and doesn't reflect what's currently for sale?)
    Not exactly.. everything in the builder is available.. the builder is just missing a few newer parts.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Not exactly.. everything in the builder is available.. the builder is just missing a few newer parts.
    I know it's already been asked a few times, but since you're here, I figure I'll ask. Are there any plans to add any of the newer parts to the MHS Builder any time soon? If there is any way for the community here on the forums to help out, I'm sure most of us would be happy to do so. There's so many new and really cool hilt parts that I'd love to use in mock-ups like the curved hilt pieces and the NBv4 All-in-one module, but am having a hard time planning out how they would all fit together. Having those parts in the Builder would be really, really, cool!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djmehs View Post
    I know it's already been asked a few times, but since you're here, I figure I'll ask. Are there any plans to add any of the newer parts to the MHS Builder any time soon? If there is any way for the community here on the forums to help out, I'm sure most of us would be happy to do so. There's so many new and really cool hilt parts that I'd love to use in mock-ups like the curved hilt pieces and the NBv4 All-in-one module, but am having a hard time planning out how they would all fit together. Having those parts in the Builder would be really, really, cool!
    No outside help can be done.


    From what I recall.. Tim has to export the 'part images' from his 3D renders/models... (which the community wouldn't have access to do so)



    edit: typo corrected
    Last edited by xl97; 05-09-2019 at 04:39 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    No outside help can be done.


    From what I recall.. Tim has to export the 'part images' from his 3D renders/models... (which the community would have access to do so)
    Sorry, did you mean "which the community would *not* have access to"? That makes sense. Thanks!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djmehs View Post
    Sorry, did you mean "which the community would *not* have access to"? That makes sense. Thanks!
    That is correct.


    * typo fixed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •