Thread: Prizm 4 A/V LED Switch wiring help

Wink Prizm 4 A/V LED Switch wiring help

Hoping someone has ran into this issue and can shed some light this noob's direction.
    This is my third build and here is my setup:

R/G/B Tri Cree
    3.7v li-ion
    2w 8ohm premium speaker
    Prizm v4
    16mm momentary A/V act. switch
    12mm momentary A/V aux switch
    dynaohm resistor on positive leg of aux. switch LED

Everything is working except the led ring on the aux switch. Thinking I may have mixed up the wiring somewhere. I've tested the switch with another battery pack directly and it lights up fine. all solder joints are nice and shiny.

I have the act. switch wired to the act. pad and ground pad, and the aux switch to aux. pad and grounded on top of the act. switch lead
    Then for the aux. switch LED, I have the positive dynaohm lead on the "1" pad for accent led and the negative LED switch lead on the Accent LED ground pad

Ive also tried soldering the aux. switch LED positive dynaohm lead to the positive battery pad instead of the LED accent pad thinking it would provide direct power that way but it doesn't light up.

There's probably a simple solution im overlooking. Any guidance would be appreciated

If you have the DynaOhm connected to the + leg of your switch then the DynaOhm- should be connected to the switch and DynaOhm+ to the battery +. If you have a 100ohm resistor, put that in and see how it works instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    If you have the DynaOhm connected to the + leg of your switch then the DynaOhm- should be connected to the switch and DynaOhm+ to the battery +. If you have a 100ohm resistor, put that in and see how it works instead.
    so what I take from this is that I need a dynaohm resistor for both + and - LED leads coming off the aux switch? If so, then I connect the positive dynaohm lead to the positive battery pad and then connect the negative dynaohm lead to the aux. switch pad?

No, you only need one DynaOhm, just make sure it's installed in the correct direction.