Thread: Nbv4 issues

Default Nbv4 issues

First of all I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

My saber has worked well with a few hiccups along the way. I had a couple bad solder joints as it was my first experience soldering and used poor quality wire.

Saber has been rebuilt a couple times with better quality components and a more skilled hand. Everything has been working properly for a while until yesterday. I noticed if my saber is struck hard the nbv4 resets. My neopixel turns off and the nbv4 reboots. Any idea of what could be causing this issue?

Thanks for any tips or suggestions.

Sunday like you have a short or ground somewhere. Is your battery hard wired, or is it a removable battery?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I have a removable battery but I think I found the problemm. Must have been dueling a little hard the last time and my blade side adapter for the neopixels had broken. Ordered a new one and hopefully that's the only issue.

The PCB was peeling in two cause the neopixels had slid up the blade and the hot glue I used to keep the wiring from being fragile actually stayed attached to the one side of the PCB.

That would do it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com