Thread: Help securing grips to hilt!!

Default Help securing grips to hilt!!

Hey everyone.. I'm new to the forum and have a quick question. I've tried browsing to see if I can find tips and tricks to securing my grips on my hilt. I purchased the grip style 2 and have the groves machined into my main body..the backing on the grips themselves just arnt sticking very well..I've cleaned the grooves as much as a can and still no luck. Is there a better way to secure these? Maybe a couple beads of hot glue or super glue? Any help would be awesome!

Are you using Hilt style V? If so..... the groves are rounded on the bottom, and the flat adhesive side of the grips will not contact well to that surface. TCS offers a service to flatten these groves which makes seating them fully possible, then the adhesive works best.

Yes that's the hilt I have. But iv already built my saber and the grips are a last touch kinda thing..I shortened the grips a tad bit to fit a little better. Just wondering if any kind of glue will seal the deal

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_a_Sith View Post
    Yes that's the hilt I have. But iv already built my saber and the grips are a last touch kinda thing..I shortened the grips a tad bit to fit a little better. Just wondering if any kind of glue will seal the deal
    The problem is a matter of surface area. The self adhesive works best sticking to a flat surface. This is going to sound crazy but have you tried fitting them in round side down? You could try that and some 5 min epoxy...warning that stuff can be messy. Clean the aluminum with some acetone, mix the epoxy, put a small bead the entire length of the groove then press the round side into the groove. Clean up with some Q-tips. Do 2-3 at a time..

That makes sense thanks for your help.