Thread: Ribbed grooved / Choke Combo Questions

Default Ribbed grooved / Choke Combo Questions

Is the Ribbed grooved / Choke Combo https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/R...ombo-P524.aspx tough enough for dueling?

Also, does anyone have the dimensions of the "flats" on the tops of the rib/grooves? I'm wondering if the tactile switch 17 https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/S...itch-P285.aspx could be mounted there.

And another, how many "sets" of rib/grooves are around the circumference? Looks to me like maybe 6, but I haven't seen anything definite.

Thanks, MTFBWY

1. YeS.

2. Yes, that can be done.

3. 7, if you don’t count the bottom one next to the threads.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    1. YeS.

2. Yes, that can be done.

3. 7, if you don’t count the bottom one next to the threads.
    For #3, I was trying to ask for "12 o'clock position to 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock back to 12 o'clock position" or "360 degrees like screwing the threaded parts together direction" count, not threads to choke. Sorry if I wasn't properly descriptive or my words didn't reflect what my brain thought they did. I had one too many things go boom too close and it seems that I'm not firing on all thrusters anymore.

For #1 & 2, YIPPIE!!! My greymatter gears are grinding away at a pitifully ponderous pace to work out a build!

I think what you mean to ask is how many lengthwise grooves there are.

There are 6 “grooves” at 60 degree angles.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Re: Question 1....... you can get a relative idea of the thickness of parts and how suitable they are for dueling by looking at them in the "Saber Builder" ... choose "Internal View" and you can see how much room there is for electronics etc and it gives an approximation of relative thickness of the wall. Very cool feature....

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    There are 6 “grooves” at 60 degree angles.
    Yes, this is what I was looking for. Thank You! very much.

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    Re: Question 1....... you can get a relative idea of the thickness of parts and how suitable they are for dueling by looking at them in the "Saber Builder" ... choose "Internal View" and you can see how much room there is for electronics etc and it gives an approximation of relative thickness of the wall. Very cool feature....
    This is actually why I posed the question. The choke portion (which is actually a separate piece), looked significantly smaller than almost all of the other MHS parts for wall thickness. I figured asking would likely be less painful than having it snap in half with a good hit.

I've hard dueled with mine, held up just fine.