Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Graflex Neopixel Build Resources / Tutorials

Skinny strips use 3535 LEDs instead of 5050. They are a bit thinner because of this. There is more space between more intense points of light due to their smaller size, but there is less PCB to cause a shadow on the edge. In my experience the shadow is easier to deal with than "cobbing," which is seeing the individual pixels through the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Skinny strips use 3535 LEDs instead of 5050. They are a bit thinner because of this. There is more space between more intense points of light due to their smaller size, but there is less PCB to cause a shadow on the edge. In my experience the shadow is easier to deal with than "cobbing," which is seeing the individual pixels through the blade.
    Thank you so much or the explanation. So using the skinny strips is what I'd want to use for the crystal chamber led and then for a blade plug I'd need to make?

I have another question. The goth 3d knight looks like it is made specifically for wired batteries. If I want to do removable batteries, I'll need a different chassis, correct? If so, any suggestions?