Thread: what single LED for crystal chamber/power cell

Default what single LED for crystal chamber/power cell

I would like to add an LED inside the hilt on an upcoming build. I'm looking at lighting a crystal chamber. My plan is to use a NBv4 with tri cree LED's for the blade. I understand I can also use one additional LED off of the board. My question is what LED should I be looking for? Is there a specific voltage range I need? What should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmok View Post
    I would like to add an LED inside the hilt on an upcoming build. I'm looking at lighting a crystal chamber. My plan is to use a NBv4 with tri cree LED's for the blade. I understand I can also use one additional LED off of the board. My question is what LED should I be looking for? Is there a specific voltage range I need? What should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance.
    Look in the TCSS Hilt Electronics..Accent LED's. They have LED lit crystals and accents that will work for you. If you are going to wire a RGB LED you will need to use the power Xtender....Screenshot_2019-01-14 Nano Biscotte v4-GB - Nano Biscotte v4-GB pdf.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    Look in the TCSS Hilt Electronics..Accent LED's. They have LED lit crystals and accents that will work for you. If you are going to wire a RGB LED you will need to use the power Xtender...
    Actually, I was thinking of a white LED and doing some special mounting to light up the crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmok View Post
    Actually, I was thinking of a white LED and doing some special mounting to light up the crystal.
    Darmok-
    You can buy 100 5mm white LEDs on Amazon for about $7 If you are using an NB-V4 you will be using a 3.7 volt battery, yes? All you need is the proper resistor. Use the resistor calculator link on this site, you will need the forward voltage of your LED and what current you want to drive it in milliamps, the calculator will tell you what size resistor and wattage you will need.
    Last edited by k6gad; 01-14-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    Darmok-
    You can buy 100 5mm white LEDs on Amazon for about $7 If you are using an NB-V4 you will be using a 3.7 volt battery, yes? All you need is the proper resistor. Use the resistor calculator link on this site, you will need the forward voltage of your LED and what current you want to drive it in milliamps, the calculator will tell you what size resistor and wattage you will need.
    Thank you! exactly the information I needed.