Thread: New-ish here...really like the NeoPixel.

Default New-ish here...really like the NeoPixel.

Hello,

Been reading a little bit and cruising the store. I signed up a while back but I can remember if I posted here yet or not. Anyway...here I am I really like the NeoPixel blades.

Which I guess leads me to my first question...is there a "kit" of everything you need to convert an existing blade to a NeoPixel?

Thanks,
    Ron

There is no kit that has all of the various parts, but you will need a board capable of producing the proper signal. If your current board can't do that, you'll basically need to a full refit.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    There is no kit that has all of the various parts, but you will need a board capable of producing the proper signal. If your current board can't do that, you'll basically need to a full refit.
    I figuered I would have to take one of my current hilts, gut it, and start with a hollow shell. Any direction on where to start from that point? Soldering and putting things together won't be an issue for me, but being a novice to all the different parts...thats another story...I don't know what works with what and the store doesn't seem to give a list of compatible parts... It is like a different language to me.

The manual for the board you are using will have all of the information you need. There isn't really a list of compatible parts to make. Your parts list could be as simple as a board, speaker, switch, and pixel strips all hard wired. You can use the TCSS connectors, or any other appropriate connector of your choice.

I'd be careful of using the 15a batteries in the Keystone holders, I tried that and it snapped. Twice, one from TCSS and a spare I had lying around.