Thread: Nano Biscotti V4 MWS Header

Default Nano Biscotti V4 MWS Header

I've hard-wired a few NBv4's with the extender, and this time I thought I'd try the MWS header on the Shop. One main question which I'm sure is an easy fix - how does one secure this header onto the board? Solder on the back? Forgive my noobism.

Quote Originally Posted by CDSabers View Post
    I've hard-wired a few NBv4's with the extender, and this time I thought I'd try the MWS header on the Shop. One main question which I'm sure is an easy fix - how does one secure this header onto the board? Solder on the back? Forgive my noobism.
    I have used the board with this attached a few times. I believe you are correct that it solders from the back. The two pieces will separate. I believe you must separate them to solder the smaller piece to the board. The connection goes on top and the wires will stick through the holes, you bend them over and solder. I thought it was way less time to just buy it with the harness installed. NB-V4 with wiring harness.jpg
    Last edited by k6gad; 01-14-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Yeah I bought the board and the header separately - I didn't think of how to permanently attach it. I wasn't sure if you solder the back or epoxy it to the board. I had to modify the wiring since I'm using the extender and a charge port. I'll spot the back with solder. Not sure it's worth it - I could have soldered down my own wires, instead I'll solder the header. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by CDSabers View Post
    Yeah I bought the board and the header separately - I didn't think of how to permanently attach it. I wasn't sure if you solder the back or epoxy it to the board. I had to modify the wiring since I'm using the extender and a charge port. I'll spot the back with solder. Not sure it's worth it - I could have soldered down my own wires, instead I'll solder the header. Oh well.
    I think the advantage of using it is it can easily be disconnected.....