Thread: changing the color of a sink tube

Default changing the color of a sink tube

ok, i saw a saber somewhere on here and it had what looked like a sink tube slip cover on the hilt, but it was a gun metal color....is it possible to change the color of a chrome sink tube....if so, how could you do it without painting it. can anyone help!!!! ???

Are you sure it was a sink tube? It might have been a simple aluminum tube instead.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

im not sure what it was. i was looking to buy a chrome sink tube and trying to change the color. is there any 1.5 inch sink tube like things that are different colors? im at a lack of words. thats why i sound like i have no idea what anything is.

http://www.onlinemetals.com

Raw metal tubes in aluminum, steel, copper, and brass available there.

If you want other colors, paint or anodization is the only way to go. If you meant the custom saber with the Qui-Gon style overlay, that was done with color-shifting automotive paint.
    FSM FTW!

no, the overlay i want to do is just solid. no design... thanks for the site though.

how would an anozidation look? what color? im sure i spelled it wrong also....

i think what the guy did was sand down to the copper layer then take it to a chrome plating place to have it oxydized.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.