Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kylo Ren Bladebuilders conversion too Cree XP-E2 PC Amber led in custom hilt.

Default Kylo Ren Bladebuilders conversion too Cree XP-E2 PC Amber led in custom hilt.

First hi to the sabre building community

So I am pretty new to the forum here and I am currently planning to build my very first Lightsaber using a Cree Amber led.
    https://www.led-tech.de/de/High-Powe...3_120_138.html
    (Sorry for the link beeing german but that's where I live...)

And my questions now are:
    Will this diagramm: 2010ModifiedBasicrev01-10-2011.jpg
    Work for the Kylo Ren Bladebuilders lightsaber?
    http://www.hasbro.com/en-us/product/...3-50D906204738

I am thinking about using the pnp type transistor as stated on the diagramm and wiring a 8ohm 89db speaker to the standard speaker ports on the board.
    Which type of resistor should I use (the whity thingy on the diagramm i guess)?
    Is it right to use a momentary AV switch at this point (non illuminated)?
    And most important: Considering the crossguard leds, cann I just treat them like leds marked as 3 led- (blue, yellow, black) on the board, since I definetely want a single bladed saber with no crossguard or accent leds?
    For batteries I guess I'll go with 4AA or 4AAA cells or rechargables of the same size.

[TL;DR] Want a single bladed yellow/amber lightsaber using the Kylo Ren soundboard from the bladebuilder series with the 2010 obi-wan diagramm, will it work?

PS: I definetely want the Kylo Ren soundboard since these soundfont is pretty nice for a hasbro saber.

it will work just fine, cut out the other leads and just wire it up like you see in the diagram
    Last edited by Count Malik; 11-17-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Alright thank you but I believe I have found another way for this that incorporates the hilt LEDs for a illuminated crystal chamber^^

i could be wrong but someone mentioned somewhere that the newer bladebuilders sabers might use 16ohm speakers, so you might need an 8ohm resistor for the speaker aswell, incase you still planned on doing that

Just today I liberated the soundboard from the hilt and it says 8ohm on the speaker

I ordered hilt and blade parts from TCSS and a bladebuilders luke skywalker (for the soundboard). I got the tricolor cree xp-e2 LED with 0.5 ohm and 3.3 ohm resistors. I'll be using an 18650 battery. I'm wondering how to wire that all up. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferbru Wiltem View Post
    I ordered hilt and blade parts from TCSS and a bladebuilders luke skywalker (for the soundboard). I got the tricolor cree xp-e2 LED with 0.5 ohm and 3.3 ohm resistors. I'll be using an 18650 battery. I'm wondering how to wire that all up. Any help would be appreciated.
    I just finished a build using almost exactly the same gear, and the above wiring schematic will also work for you.

Sweet. Thanks. I can't wait for all my parts to get here. Now I need to think about the crystal chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    I just finished a build using almost exactly the same gear, and the above wiring schematic will also work for you.
    Is the P-fet necessary?

People, How did you do to Disassemble that lightsaber? It's all Glued :S