Thread: Reversing positive and negative wires in NBv4 setup

Question Reversing positive and negative wires in NBv4 setup

When setting up my NBv4 soundboard with my LED, I realized that I had put a combined wire with negative and separate on my led. Basically, I’ve got the led wired up in the opposite way that is given on page 10 of the NBv4 manual. So what I’m asking here, is can I use that diagram aforementioned, but have the positive and negative switched? Mostly asking because of the Power Extender.
    F3DFF093-9602-42DD-B029-FE53BF90EDB6.jpg

One of the guys on here will definitely correct me if I'm wrong (and there's a perfectly good chance I am), but I was under the impression that reversing polarity on anything electrical is almost always a bad thing, with the best case scenario being nothing happening at all and the worst case scenario being literally playing with fire. I mostly wanted to weigh in just to say that I'd highly recommend waiting for someone who legit knows what they are talking about to reply before attempting this.

You cannot reverse polarity on these components. In general djmehs is correct. In this case it probably wouldn't be violet, but you won't be happy with the aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by djmehs View Post
    One of the guys on here will definitely correct me if I'm wrong (and there's a perfectly good chance I am), but I was under the impression that reversing polarity on anything electrical is almost always a bad thing, with the best case scenario being nothing happening at all and the worst case scenario being literally playing with fire. I mostly wanted to weigh in just to say that I'd highly recommend waiting for someone who legit knows what they are talking about to reply before attempting this.
    I appreciate the response, I just wanted to ask in case I didn’t need to undo my LED setup(which is attached to the heat sink, making it a bit more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by djmehs View Post
    When you do it on soundcards, you tend to blow the boards Amp, which means no more sound.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Well, thanks guys. I got the wires switched on my LED this evening, so the issue has come and gone. I just thought I’d ask before I undid what I had. But my current setup looks a lot cleaner than my old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjhpkns View Post
    Well, thanks guys. I got the wires switched on my LED this evening, so the issue has come and gone. I just thought I’d ask before I undid what I had. But my current setup looks a lot cleaner than my old one.
    Thats always a good thing.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cjhpkns View Post
    That's often a nice side-effect of this sort of thing in my experience. Even though it's annoying to have to go back and re-do the work, I typically find I am much happier with how it turned out the second time around when I was forced to not settle for what would have previously been "...Meh....it will probably be fine". Glad to hear you're all set to move forward with your build. Hope to see it on the forums when you're all finished!