Thread: US Archon 3.1 with TCSS activation box and Igniter 3

Default US Archon 3.1 with TCSS activation box and Igniter 3

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to saber building but have been going nuts with these Igniter3 boards. I have a bunch of Ultrasabers hilts without electronics and have been putting one together about every week. Had to grab the activation box for this saber and wire it up so it's functional, it really completes the hilt. Just finished up with this Archon 3.1 Luke ROTJ wanna-be - let me know what you guys think!

Specs:
    Ultrasabers Archon 3.1 hilt with dark pommel
    NEC Igniter 3 soundboard
    TCSS box 28 activation box
    XML RGBW LED
    KRSabers 2w bass speaker
    3D printed chassis
    charge port

Video in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo3Rqjte56U

Pics:

Chassis mayhem! Getting all my hilts ready

activation box mounted

in green

in blue

in light purple

idling

Last edited by deevee2; 12-11-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Nice work, it looks good. I started out with a few Ultrasabers they are good beaters. Ultrasabers actually has a forum and these would go great in their customization thread. Welcome to the forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    Nice work, it looks good. I started out with a few Ultrasabers they are good beaters. Ultrasabers actually has a forum and these would go great in their customization thread. Welcome to the forum!!
    Thanks man! Yeah I'm starting to see how wide and diverse the custom saber market is! Already got a Crystal Focus 9 and Proffie board on the way to mess with too! I posted up in the Ultrasabers forum too, but they get touchy with mentioning non-US products there so it makes it a little difficult to talk about the build.

Quote Originally Posted by deevee2 View Post
    Thanks man! Yeah I'm starting to see how wide and diverse the custom saber market is! Already got a Crystal Focus 9 and Proffie board on the way to mess with too! I posted up in the Ultrasabers forum too, but they get touchy with mentioning non-US products there so it makes it a little difficult to talk about the build.

Don’t feel too bad, US isn’t too fondly thought of in these parts.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post

Don’t feel too bad, US isn’t too fondly thought of in these parts.
    Yeah I've dug around and read about the various things that have happened to cause problems not just between them and other vendors, but other vendors between each other as well. To be honest it kinda sucks to see the saber community fragmented like that, but it is what it is. The hilts I got from them are almost entirely movie-inspired ones and despite some of them being pretty large I don't mind the extra room to work in. Stuffing similar electronics into these other thinner hilts seems much harder, so I'll work my way up to that.